Natalie Portman Signals Openness to a Star Wars Comeback

Today, Friday, August 29, 2025, Oscar-winning actress Natalie Portman dropped tantalizing hints about her future in the galaxy far, far away.

In a red-carpet interview while promoting her new Apple TV+ feature Fountain of Youth, Portman told Entertainment Tonight that she hasn’t been approached about returning to the Star Wars franchise-but she’s “open to everything.” “Life’s only fun if you’re open to every possibility,” she quipped, leaving the door wide open for a Padmé Amidala revival or another surprise cameo.

Earlier this week on The One Show, Portman went a step further, enthusiastically pitching her own idea for how Padmé could return twenty years after Revenge of the Sith. “Bring her back as a Jedi-with a lightsaber,” she said with a grin. “If somehow she were brought back from the dead, that would be exciting.”

With Disney and Lucasfilm expanding their streaming slate-including upcoming series like Starfighter-fans are already speculating whether Portman’s Padmé could join the roster of returning prequel-era characters. Today’s comments make it clear: Portman is ready if they call her.